If for instance, you shop from ten stores in one transaction the handling charge is N6,450 and entitles you to one home/office delivery provided that the items are received within 14 days from the date the first parcel is received . Parcels received after the 14th day will attract additional handling charges.
Should a refund of the handling charge be required, a 30% deduction will be made before the refund is processed. Refunds on other payments made to Jand2Gidi for any purpose will be made after deduction of all bank transfer charges.
4. Storage charges will be levied on parcels whose delivery/pick up is delayed due to non-payment, insufficient delivery information and any other such reasons, as follows:
Items left in our office after 10 days of incurring storage charges will be put up for sale by way of auction to set off the debt owed to Jand2Gidi, after which the balance (if any) will be paid to the defaulting client.
For items from the US on our In a Hurry service, items weighing 0.6kg will be charged at 1kg while items weighing 0.4kg will be charged at 0.5kg.
7. All payments due to Jand2Gidi are required before delivery to your door or collection from our office.
PICK UP OPERATIONS
8. Jand2Gidi offers two types of pickups in the UK:
Pickup will occur anytime between 10:30am and 5pm, on Monday to Friday only. The parcels picked up will be received at our UK office the following working day. The cut-off time for booking collection is 10:30am UK time. Completion of the applicable form as well as payment of the handling and pickup charges must be received before this time.
Pickup is timed and can occur at any time during the day as long as pickup is booked before 12pm. The parcels picked up will be received at our UK office the same day.
PURCHASE ON YOUR BEHALF
The Naira equivalent of the total spend must be sent to us before the orders are placed. Once orders are placed order confirmations will be sent to you as evidence of your purchase(s). Receipts which are received in your parcels will be removed by Jand2Gidi for security reasons as they will contain our personal billing details.
12. All parcels received by Jand2Gidi are subject to being opened for controlled inspection as they make their way to you in Nigeria. Edible items, furniture and other goods imported may attract additional government levies including NAFDAC and Customs charges. Importation of items containing lithium batteries for instance will attract additional charges as they need to be handled as dangerous goods.
13. Jand2Gidi will not be liable for the loss or misdirection of parcels that are not labelled as directed in our communication.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
14. Regardless of who is at fault the liability of Jand2Gidi is limited to £10/equivalent per transaction. If the Client regards this limit as insufficient the Client is required to make a special declaration of value and request additional insurance or the Client may make his or her own insurance arrangements.
Jand2Gidi’s liability is strictly limited to direct loss and damage to physical items only. All other types of loss or damage are excluded (including but not limited to lost profits, income, interest, future business), whether such loss or damage is special or indirect, and even if the risk of such loss or damage was brought to Jand2Gidi’s attention.
We shall make every reasonable effort to deliver your shipment according to our advertised delivery schedules but this is not guaranteed as we will not be liable for any delay that we deem to have been beyond our control. Weekends, public holidays, delays caused by customs or by compliance with mandatory local security requirements or other events beyond our control are not included when we quote our delivery times.